Our volunteers are an integral part of the hospice team. They assist with the daily hospice operations, supporting the work of staff in all areas. A team of 210 individuals contribute their time, energy and talents to our residential and community-based programs, as well as our annual fundraising events. Our volunteers contribute more than 21,000 hours of service each year and we couldn’t do it without them.
The Carpenter Hospice volunteers were honoured to receive the 2016 Paul Harris Fellow Award by the Burlington Rotary Clubs for demonstrating “service above self.”
Volunteers may assist in the following areas:
- Bereavement & Supportive Care Programming
- Flower Arranging
- Resident Care
- Special Events & Fundraising
- Wellness Programming
To volunteer In-House at Carpenter Hospice we ask that you:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Partake in an interview
- Provide two references
- Provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check, at your own expense
- Actively participate in our mandatory 30-hour Palliative Care Hospice Training for in-house volunteer roles
- Commit to at least 100 hours within a year (approx 1 four-hour shift per week for six months or bi-weekly for a year). This does not include the training hours.
To volunteer for Special Events we ask that you:
- Be 14 years of age or older
- Provide personal and emergency contact information
- Sign appropriate volunteer documents if requested
- Attend trainings or meetings, if required for certain roles
- Provide a Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check, if requested
Interested in joining our volunteer team?
Current Volunteers: Online Login Access