We offer compassionate, non-judgmental support to individuals and families experiencing loss. Our goal is to provide a safe, caring, and compassionate environment to allow individuals to express their feelings and move towards healing.
Assistance is accessible for caregivers, families, and friends following a death of a loved one. Support is also offered to those who are anticipating a loss. The program is offered at no cost to participants and is available to individuals with family members at the Hospice, as well as to individuals living in the Burlington community.
Program offerings include:
- One-on-one support for our residents and their family members
- One-on-one grief support
- One-on-one support for individuals living with a life-limiting diagnosis, and/or their caregiver
- 8-week spousal loss support groups
- Monthly drop-in bereavement support groups
- Celebration of Life services in May and December
- Ongoing support through information mailings and access to our library
- Educational workshops
To view upcoming sessions and workshops, please visit our Events Calendar.
Services at the Hospice are not intended to replace professional counselling services.
For more information or to pre-register, contact our Supportive Care Coordinator at 905.631.9994, ext 135 or .
Additional Community Resources
The Lighthouse Program for Grieving Children
BFO Bereaved Families of Ontario
House of Hope
Wellspring Cancer Support Centre
Wellwood Resource Center
24/7 Crisis Outreach and Support Team (COAST)
Canadian Virtual Hospice
Widowed Friends of Halton